Personal Information Protection Policy
Personal Information Protection Policy
Nippon Polytech Corp. (the “Company”) considers trust from its “Users” (meaning its customers, the persons in charge of its suppliers, and any others who will provide their personal information to the Company) to be of utmost importance and deems that it is the Company’s crucial responsibility to handle any information in relation to the individual Users with accuracy and confidence. Therefore, the Company hereby sets forth this Personal Information Protection Policy (this “Policy”) as follows, establishes the system for protecting personal information and, with regard to the method of handling personal information, will make sure that all employees comply with this Policy and any laws and regulations in relation to the protection of personal information and policies, guidelines, etc., provided by any administrative organizations. Furthermore, the definitions of terms used herein shall be as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “PIPA”).
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company acquires and uses Users’ personal information within the following scope of purposes of use:
- To contact Users in relation to the Company’s business;
- To plan, research, develop, improve the quality of, market and sell the goods and services handled by the Company;
- To inform Users about the goods and services handled by the Company;
- To respond to Users’ inquiries or other requests.;
- To use User’s personal information for the purposes notified in advance to such User and consented to by such User; or
- To make a response in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations or any circular notice or guidance issued by the competent administrative organizations.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Company will never use any personal information in any way that may incite or induce any illegal or inappropriate acts.
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
The Company controls Users’ personal data in an appropriate manner and will never provide Users’ personal data to any third party without obtaining such User’s consent in advance, unless any of the following events apply:
- When such disclosure is necessary pursuant to the laws and regulations;
- When there is a need for such disclosure in order to protect the life, body or property of humans and it is difficult to obtain such User’s consent;
- When there is a special need for such disclosure in order to enhance public hygiene or promote the fostering of healthy children, and it is difficult to obtain such User’s consent;
- When there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or local government or a person entrusted by the same with performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and there is a possibility that obtaining such User’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs; or
- When the destination of the personal data to be provided is an academic research organization or other similar organization, and there is a need for such destination to handle such personal data provided by the Company for academic research purposes (including cases where only part of the purposes of handling such personal data is academic research purposes but excluding cases where the rights and interests of such User may be inappropriately violated).
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties Located in Foreign Countries
The Company will not provide any personal data to any third party located in a foreign country, except for the cases where it is permitted by the laws and regulations or where such User provides their consent.
Security Control Action for Personal Data
The Company is taking necessary and appropriate action to ensure the accuracy and security of the personal data, including preventing the leakage, loss or damage of the handled personal data. For details of the security control actions taken by the Company, Users are requested to contact the Company from the “Personal Information Handling Contact Point” as detailed below.
Demand for Disclosure
If a User wishes to receive the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, cease of use or cease of provision to third parties with regard to the retained personal data provided by the User, such User is requested to make the demand via the “Personal Information Handling Contact Point” as detailed below. Unless such demand violates the laws and regulations or may significantly interfere with the proper performance of the Company’s business activities, or otherwise, and only in the event that such demand is confirmed to have been made by the subject User themself, the Company will respond by disclosing, correcting or deleting the User’s retained personal data, or otherwise, within a reasonable period of time.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Codes, and Continued Review
The Company complies with the applicable codes in regard to the protection of personal information, including the laws and regulations, and policies, guidelines, etc., provided by the administrative organizations, that are applicable to the retained personal information. This Policy sets forth the Company’s basic policy on its handling of personal information, and the Company will, in accordance with this Policy, endeavor to protect the personal information pursuant to the laws and regulations (such as the PIPA), and various codes. For the avoidance of doubt, this Policy shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Japan and other codes. In order to accommodate the changes of laws and regulations that Japan needs to follow and other changes in handling methods and situations, the Company will endeavor to improve its approach to the protection of personal information by continuing to review the same.
Changes to this Policy
Users are requested to check the updated details of this Policy, as all or part of this Policy is subject to change without prior announcement, incidental to changes in laws and regulations, changes in operational policies, and other relevant changes. Notwithstanding the above, any particularly crucial changes will be announced on the Company’s website.
Personal Information Handling Contact Point
For any inquiries, complaints or consultations with regard to the Company’s handling of personal information and the content of this Policy, please make contact via the following contact point:
Nippon Polytech Corp.
General Affairs Department
370-1 Nibunkata-machi, Hachioji, Tokyo 193-0822, Japan